Member Login

Our History

In 1926, several sales and administrative employees of the Cudahy Packing Company sought suitable land for use as a golf course. After an extensive search they decided upon the Henry Peterson farm located on Roselle Road, halfway between Baldwin and Palatine Roads. It was an excellent choice. The beauty of the rolling terrain and a clear meandering stream provided the opportunity for the development of a challenging and interesting nine holes. The stream was the north branch of Salt Creek whose banks were lined with cottonwood and willows. Local farmers provided horse drawn equipment and the labor. A minimum of dirt was moved and the natural roll of the land was preserved. This nine hole beginning became the Meadow Grove Country Club.

In 1938, Arthur T. McIntosh, one of the foremost land developers in the Chicago area, purchased Meadow Grove and forty additional adjoining acres south of the golf course. The name was then changed to Inverness Golf Club and the course was expaneded to 18 holes.

In 1955, our first year as a private member-owned club, the clubhouse and pool were finished and a new staff was hired. Our first president, Herb John, set the pattern of dedication with extremely capable administrators willing to take on the arduous job of club president in the years to come. Hundreds of details were settled that resulted in patterns of operation that still help govern our club today. November 5, 1955 was the day the new clubhouse was dedicated and practically every member was in attendance. Mr McIntosh’s generosity had made the new and beautiful clubhouse a reality. The golf course and clubhouse was, for Mr. McIntosh, a dream come true.

The new clubhouse became the center of social activity until it was destroyed by fire in January of 1959. A new clubhouse was rebuilt that same year essentially the same as the original.  An addition to the clubhouse was built in 1967 that consisted of a new pro shop, an addition to the men’s locker room, a basement devoted to club storage, a small workshop and a room large enough to accommodate a couple of driving nets.

Today, an enthusiastic membership and continuing fine leadership of officers and directors maintain the prestigious reputation that has steadily grown since that first 60 acre nine hole course first known as Meadow Grove Country Club.

In December 2021, a major renovation of the current Clubhouse began along with a new Facilities plan that will improve the Club’s Golf Course and bring more amenities to the club, including tripling the size of the Club’s current racquets offering by adding (4) Pickleball Courts and (4) Paddle Tennis Courts. The plan also includes building a 2 story, 7,000sq ft. addition warming hut which will add an additional Ultra-Casual Restaurant featuring a Wood Fired Grill & Rotisserie, Sports Bar and 2 Golf Simulator Lounges. The future looks bright for IGC!